Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 7/7] strbuf: remove environment variables

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 12:24:32 -0700

Calvin Wan <[email-masked]> writes:

> As a library that only interacts with other primitives, strbuf should
> not directly access environment variables within its

"environment variables" is a misnomer, as there is no getenv()
removed by this patch.

    strbuf: stop depending on global 'comment_line_char'

or something is what you meant, I think.  This patch is about only
one single variable, not about many environment variables, right?

> functions. Therefore, add an additional variable to function signatures

These things that are enclosed in a pair of () after the function
definition are usually called parameters.

> for functions that use an environment variable and refactor callers to
> pass in the environment variable.

Likewise.

> -				strbuf_commented_addf(&buf, _(tag_template), tag, comment_line_char);
> +				strbuf_commented_addf(&buf, comment_line_char,
> +				      _(tag_template), tag,comment_line_char);

Style?