Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] object-file: reprepare alternates when necessary

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 11:35:06 -0800

"Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
>
> When an object is not found in a repository's object store, we sometimes
> call reprepare_packed_git() to see if the object was temporarily moved
> into a new pack-file (and its old pack-file or loose object was
> deleted). This process does a scan of each pack directory within each
> odb, but does not reevaluate if the odb list needs updating.

Very well explained, except I do not know what is meant by
"temporarily", which to me implies what was moved is moved back
later.  Without "temporarily", it reads perfectly well.  While I do
not think of a good word to use to tell the readers that the moving
is done by somebody else while we are trying to find the object, if
there were one, that would replace "temporarily" very well.

But other than that tiny nit that does not have to be addressed at
all, everything in this patch looks good.

Thanks.