Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] add case insensitivity option to bash completion

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:38:32 +0900

"Alison Winters via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> In 3bb16a8bf2 (tag, branch, for-each-ref: add --ignore-case for sorting and
> filtering, 2016-12-04), support was added for filtering and sorting refs in
> a case insensitive way. This is a behavior that seems appropriate to enable
> with shell completion. Many shells provide case insensitive completion as an
> option, even on filesystems that remain case sensitive.
>
> This patch adds a new variable that, when set, will allow Bash completion to
> use the --ignore-case option to match refs. Additionally, some basic support
> is implemented to match pseudorefs like HEAD.

I did not try to figure out the reason but the topic with its tests
seem to break in 'seen' the linux-cmake-ctest CI job.

  https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/3570230611/jobs/6001013549

but the same test does not break under usual "make test".

Can people who are interested in the cmake-ctest stuff take a look?

It is tempting to eject the ab/cmake-nix-and-ci topic that is
already in 'next', under the theory that what that topic does to the
tests "works" for some tests but not for others, and this topic is
an unfortunate collateral damage whose tests weren't something the
other topic supports well.  If the cmake-ctest stuff is in such a
shape, then it may have been a bit premature to merge it down.

Thanks.