Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 17/36] t/helper/test-proc-receive.c: use "<options>", not "<options>..."

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 14:46:16 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

> As in a preceding commit use "<options>", not "<options>...", in this
> case there is no *.txt version, but let's fix this one too while we're
> at it.

I do not quite understand why these need to be separate steps.  Some
may be supposed to have the same description in the code (help text)
and in the text (doc source), and among them, some may have both
code and text wrong, and some others may have only code wrong, and
even some others only text wrong.  It appears to me that you are
throwing the first one (both wrong) into a single category, and the
latter two (only one wrong) into a separate "not consistent"
category, which does not make much sense to me.

The end result of this step is good.  It is just seeing the split is
somewhat distracting while reviewing.

Thanks.

>
> Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  t/helper/test-proc-receive.c | 2 +-
>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
> diff --git a/t/helper/test-proc-receive.c b/t/helper/test-proc-receive.c
> index cc08506cf0b..a4b305f4947 100644
> --- a/t/helper/test-proc-receive.c
> +++ b/t/helper/test-proc-receive.c
> @@ -6,7 +6,7 @@
>  #include "test-tool.h"
>  
>  static const char *proc_receive_usage[] = {
> -	"test-tool proc-receive [<options>...]",
> +	"test-tool proc-receive [<options>]",
>  	NULL
>  };