Subject: Re: [PATCH] trailer: allow spaces in tokens

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 10:58:02 -0700

Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]> writes:

> The "I want to mention about Signed-off-by: here." test might be a
> sufficient real-world issue.
>
>> I would say that it would be a disaster, if we took any random
>> line with colon : in it in the middle of the commit message and
>> mistook it as a trailer (like the line above), but since we do not
>> allow paragraph breaks in the trailer block, as long as the message
>> has a valid trailer block, it might not be a huge issue.  I dunno.
>
> Yes, it would be fine if the paragraph was two or more lines long, but
> not if it's a single line.

OK, so it seems that we want to fix the documentation, and we have
sufficient test coverage (I didn't notice that Max needed to adjust
the tests to accomodate the new "loose" definition when I wrote the
message you were responding to).

THanks.