Subject: Re: git log --encoding=HTML is not supported

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 12:11:59 -0700

Bagas Sanjaya <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 24/08/21 17.33, Krzysztof Żelechowski wrote:
>> Dnia wtorek, 24 sierpnia 2021 12:31:14 CEST Bagas Sanjaya pisze:
>> 
>>> Please speak English here (in other words, re-submit git-bugreport
>>> without l10n).
>> How do I do that?
>
> You need to set locale to English when executing `git bugreport`:
>
> ```
> LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 /path/to/git bugreport
> ```

Emily, what's your take on this exchange?

I recall that many people (me included) went for "user friendlyness"
by pushing to localize the questionnaire, but here, it seems to be
backfiring at us.

I personally think that it is OK to give a localized questionnaire
and let volunteers who can speak the language help non-English
speakers, but at the same time, it may be a good idea to hint that
filling in the answers in English would give a better chance for
their problems to be looked at (in a localized message).