Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/30] Minimal restart of "config-based-hooks"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 09:45:39 +0900

Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 12:32:49PM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> 
>> I proposed splitting Emily's "hook config" topic[1] into at least a
>> topic that retains all current behavior of the codebase, and merely
>> refactors existing behavior to new APIs, and then doing behavior
>> changes later.
>> 
>> This is a re-roll of an attempt to do that. See v1's CL [2] for much
>> more details.
>> 
>> I was hoping to get more feedback from Emily in reply to [3] and
>> related E-Mails on the v1, but as it's been almost 2 weeks with no
>> reply, and both her topic and mine semantically conflict with changes
>> since merged to "master" I thought I'd send this re-roll.
>
> Yes, sorry about this. I'm planning on reviewing your series this week.
> Thanks for sending the v2.

Thanks, both.  In the meantime, I will eject es/config-based-hooks
out of 'seen' and replace it with these patches, to see if there are
unexpected interactions with other topics in flight.