Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/5] mktag tests & fix for-each-ref segfault

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 13:51:45 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 01 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Here's a proposed v2. We test the same case, but I thought it made
>>> sense to test this more exhaustively.
>>
>> Let's first make a targetted fix that can be applied to maint and
>> below.  After that is merged to 'master', you are free to add more
>> tests on top, 
>
> Makes sense. I based Jeff's patch on top of mine to demonstrate that
> those tests also catch the segfault.
>
>> but let's avoid to have more and more topics that go overboard.
>
> So "submit a new version on-top" or "maybe deal with your existing
> topics first as you're overflowing my inbox" ? :) I suspect the latter..

What I meant is...

Comparing the five-patch series with Peff's small fix that is more
to the point, I have a feeling that the five-patch series, like many
other series from you, may be made unnecessarily large by not
resisting the temptation to including unessential "while at it"
changes.