Subject: Re: [PATCH gitk] gitk: add README.md with contribution guidelines

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2025 14:15:57 -0700

"Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It would be really nice if you add "review them here before you run
>> send-email" step between these two commands ;-).
>
> I alwyays use
>
>     git format-patch ... -opatchez
>     cat patchez/* | less
>
> Because sending out something weird to a mailing list gives me the
> chills.  (And there might be format-patch bugs.)

Thanks for a tip.

It matches what I do, except that I use ./+jc/<topic-name>/
directories as the staging area, as I tend to keep what I sent out
for a few days, and I strongly prefer to give its own directory to
each topic, to avoid "git send-email *.patch" sending out random
unrelated patches.