Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] http: do not ignore proxy path

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2024 14:13:40 -0700

Ryan Hendrickson <[email-masked]> writes:

> At 2024-08-02 12:28-0700, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> sent:
>
>>>>> Is this blocking feedback? This strikes me as speculative
>>>>> over-engineering
>>>>
>>>> No, it is loosening a pattern that is overly tight and as a side
>>>> effect shortening the line to more readable length ;-).
>>>
>>> Blocking or not?
>>
>> If we are updating anyway, that question is irrelevant, no?  This
>> version may hit 'seen' but until the next version comes it will not
>> advance to 'next'.
>
> I can't figure out what you mean by this so I am going to proceed as
> if you had simply said ‘non-blocking’.

It does not make much sense to ask if a suggestion is "blocking" or
"non-blocking".  If you respond with a reasonable explanation why
you do not want to take a suggestion, I may (or may not) say that
your reasoning makes sense.  IOW, making me say "it is blocking"
means you want to me to say that I won't listen to you no matter
what you say.  That is rarely be the case.

In this case, I do not think it makes sense to insist with -Fx that
the error message has the exact message.  And I do not think your
"strikes me as" qualifies as a "reasonable explanation".