Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] doc: describe the project's decision-making process

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 11:08:15 -0700

Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, May 3, 2024 at 7:45 AM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> We didn't hear any more comments on this topic, but writing down how
>> the world works around here, with the goal to eventually have a set
>> of project governance rules, is valuable. Otherwise loud people may
>> act according to their own (unwritten) rules that annoy others and
>> harm the community.

[jc: do not top post].

> Yes, sorry for silence on this thread. I am working on a V2 but
> probably won't have it ready today.

Don't be sorry; the message was not addressed to you, but for wider
community participants---especially the ones with more "clout" (or
"long timers" or whatever word we would use to describe those whose
opinions are trusted by others and count more) need to buy in if we
were to first agree on that it is good to have a set of written
rules, and to then agree on what rules to adopt.

We might want to pick ideas from https://fossgovernance.org/ for
example.