Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitlab-ci: add smoke test for fuzzers

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:37:49 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 08:13:23AM +0200, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
>> Our GitLab CI setup has a test gap where the fuzzers aren't exercised at
>> all. Add a smoke test, similar to the one we have in GitHub Workflows.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>> 
>> As identified by Junio in <[email-masked]>.
>> 
>> Patrick
>
> I forgot to add the link to a successful run of this job:
> https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/git/-/jobs/6735705569

Thanks.  I wonder if we can somehow automate a change like this.

Seeing how simple this fix has become thanks to the use of
before_script/script pair that merely point at ci/*.sh scripts,
perhaps we have already extracted enough commonalities as a set of
shell scripts in ci/ hierarchy.  I wonder if we can have a common
"source" that is "compiled" into .gitlab-ci.yml and its counterpart
for GitHub Actions?

Or perhaps a linter that can say things like "ah, you are adding
this new test to one, but not touching the other, shouldn't you?",
and "you are tweaking this existing test in one, but shouldn't you
be doing the same to the other?"