Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] pack-bitmap: drop --unpacked non-commit objects from results

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 11:20:45 +0900

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

The same comment to the commit title applies here.

> .... Note that we do not have to
> inspect individual bits in the result bitmap, since we know that the
> first N (where N is the number of objects in the bitmap's pack/MIDX)
> bits correspond to objects which packed by definition.

;-)

Very nice.  Since we are omitting any object that appears in some
packfile, this produces an expected result even when some of these
objects also appear in loose form.

> +test_expect_success 'bitmap traversal with --unpacked' '
> +	git repack -adb &&
> +	test_commit unpacked &&
> +
> +	git rev-list --objects --no-object-names unpacked^.. >expect.raw &&
> +	sort expect.raw >expect &&
> +
> +	git rev-list --use-bitmap-index --objects --all --unpacked >actual.raw &&
> +	sort actual.raw >actual &&
> +
> +	test_cmp expect actual
> +'

OK.