Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Dec 2022, #05; Wed, 14)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 07:37:35 +0900

Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 12/14/22 4:59 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> * jh/t7527-unflake-by-forcing-cookie (2022-12-02) 1 commit
>>   - fsmonitor: fix race seen in t7527
>>   Make fsmonitor more robust to avoid the flakiness seen in t7527.
>>   Will merge back to 'next'.
>>   source:<[email-masked]>
>> 
>
> There was no discussion on this item and nothing needs to be
> revisited, so it could go as is.

No discussion is not a good news, though.

Always using cookie files means we no longer sometimes use them and
sometimes not---which means fewer variations to think about and in
general is a good thing.

As you explain in the last paragraph of the proposed log message, if
the test caught a bug introduced by a premature optimization that
was not-well-thought-out, the test served its purpose very well.
Good.

Let's mark it as "Will merge to 'next'" again.

Thanks.