Subject: Re: js/scalar-diagnose, was Re: What's cooking in git.git (Feb 2022, #08; Mon, 28)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 23:05:32 -0800

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> * js/scalar-diagnose (2022-02-06) 6 commits
>>  - scalar: teach `diagnose` to gather loose objects information
>>  - scalar: teach `diagnose` to gather packfile info
>>  - scalar diagnose: include disk space information
>>  - scalar: add `diagnose`
>>  - scalar: validate the optional enlistment argument
>>  - archive: optionally add "virtual" files
>>
>>  Implementation of "scalar diagnose" subcommand.
>>
>>  Expecting a reroll.
>>  cf. What is the status of this thing?
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> The status is that I'm woefully short on time and did not even manage to
> read the sub-thread between you and René (which might need another
> adjustment to the code).

FWIW, I think the subthread was mostly about "now we have a new
feature in 'git archive', do we want to use it elsewhere?" tangent
and the outcome of the discussion there won't affect this topic---as
long as this topic needs the new feature it adds to 'git archive',
and the new feature is adequately done, I do not think there is any
need for it to be redone.

Other parts of the series may or may not need reworking, but I do
not recall the details of the topic.

> So maybe set it to `On Hold` for now?

OK.