Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] *: fix typos which duplicate a word

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:11:19 +0900

Andrei Rybak <[email-masked]> writes:

> Fix typos in documentation, code comments, and RelNotes which repeat
> various words.  In trivial cases, just delete the duplicated word and
> rewrap text, if needed.  Reword the affected sentence in
> Documentation/RelNotes/1.8.4.txt for it to make sense.

Thanks.  I usually avoid touching published release notes (it is not
like we'd issue 1.8.4.1 maintenance release to apply this typofix),
but as you spent time to fix them all, and as we spent time to review
the changes, let's take all of them.

>   * Invocations of "git checkout" used internally by "git rebase" were
> -   counted as "checkout", and affected later "git checkout -" to the
> +   counted as "checkout", and affected later "git checkout -" which took
>     the user to an unexpected place.
>     (merge 3bed291 rr/rebase-checkout-reflog later to maint).

I think this one actually wanted to say "affected later X to take
the user to an unexpected place", but ", which" is OK, too.

Thanks.