Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: redacted e-mail addresses feature.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 23:00:33 -0700

"Georgios Kontaxis via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
writes:

> +    # To disable system wide have in $GITWEB_CONFIG
> +    # $feature{'email_privacy'}{'default'} = [0];
> +	'email_privacy' => {
> +		'sub' => sub { feature_bool('email_privacy', @_) },
> +		'override' => 0,
> +		'default' => [1]},
>  );

I do not see why this should default to true.

It would break existing installations, who have been perfectly happy
with the convenience of supplying a ready access to potential new
contributors who/which addresses to contact plausible mentors in the
projects they are interested in.

And more importantly, I do not see why it should be made impossible
to override per repository/project in a multi-tenant installation.
Some projects may be more "privacy" sensitive than others.  Those
who want to use tighter setting should be able to enable it even
when the side-wide default is set to false, no?

Thanks.