Subject: Re: [git-scm.com PATCH] community: advertise 'git-bugreport' tool

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 16:33:16 -0700

Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]> writes:

>    <p>
>      Bugs in git can be reported directly to the mailing list (see above for
> -    details). Note that you do not need to subscribe to the list to send
> -    to it. You can help us out by attempting to reproduce the bug in the latest
> -    released version of git, or if you're willing to build git from source, the
> -    <a href="https://github.com/git/git/tree/next"><code>next</code> branch</a>.
> +    details). Note that you do not need to subscribe to the list to send to it.
> +    If you are using git 2.27.0 or later, you can run <code>git bugreport</code>,
> +    which generates a template to guide you through writing a useful bug report
> +    and gathers some diagnostic information about your environment. You can
> +    help us out by attempting to reproduce the bug in the latest released
> +    version of git, or if you're willing to build git from source, the
> +    <a href="https:/break/github.com/git/git/tree/next"><code>next</code> branch</a>.

It took me a bit more then necessary to spot this due to rewrapping
of the string, but I do not think you meant "https:/break/" there.

Care to share how it happened (what tool has the tendency to
introduce this particular breakage)?

Thanks.