Subject: Re: vger not relaying some of Junio's messages today?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 20:00:32 -0700

Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Samuel Lijin <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Sorry, should've been clearer - I did check my spambox in my original
>> message. Some old patches from Brandon were in there, but the ones I
>> mentioned in my original message just seem to have been dropped.
>
> Apparently, vger also throttles mail to gmail aggressively, so
> maybe some show up eventually:
>
> https://marc.info/?i=[email-masked]
>

Thanks for a pointer. That does explain the symptom I saw number of
times, seeing list traffic that directly came to me hours before I
see a copy on the public list mirrors like gmane and public-inbox.

As it is a pain to access gmail inbox via imap (I was told that
something called "offline imap" may alleviate the pain, but I
haven't tried it yet), I tend to use NNTP interface to either gmane
or public-inbox almost exclusively, so like everybody else, it often
takes a message hours before I see it due to this throttling.  I do
not see the message I am responding to on public-inbox, and I am
responding to the copy I got direct from you, for example.