Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 1/2] attr: convert to new threadsafe API

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 17:16:41 -0700

Stefan Beller <[email-masked]> writes:

> +* Allocate an array of `struct git_attr_result` either on the stack
> +  or via `git_attr_result_alloc` on the heap when the result size
> +  is not known at compile time. The call to initialize
>    the result is not thread safe, because different threads need their
>    own thread local result anyway.

Do you want to keep the last sentence?  "The call to initialize the
result is not thread safe..."?  Is that true?

> @@ -103,7 +105,7 @@ To see how attributes "crlf" and "ident" are set
> for different paths.
>          const char *path;
>          struct git_attr_result result[2];
>
> -        git_check_attr(path, check, result);
> +        git_check_attr(path, &check, result);

What's the point of this change?  Isn't check typically a pointer
already?