Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 40/94] builtin/apply: move 'ws_error_action' into 'struct apply_state'

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 12:48:36 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

>  struct apply_state {
>  	const char *prefix;
>  	int prefix_length;
> @@ -71,6 +78,8 @@ struct apply_state {
>  	int whitespace_error;
>  	int squelch_whitespace_errors;
>  	int applied_after_fixing_ws;
> +
> +	enum ws_error_action ws_error_action;

It is very good that these whitespace-error related things are
sitting next to each other.  I do not think the extra blank line is
warranted, though.

If anything, I'd say error-action should come at the beginning (as
it is an end-user input that is set before the processing happens),
and other three are states (that get new values after processing is
done) that should be listed after, to preserve the rough
chronological order the variables are used (which translates to the
order the readers need to become aware of and understand these
variables).