Subject: Re: Draft of Git Rev News edition 5

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:54:28 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> How about this instead: prefixing with "As originally implemented",
> with a couple s/is/was/ thrown in...
>
>     As originally implemented, creation of linked-worktrees was
>     accomplished via `git checkout --to <path> <branch>`, and cleanup
>     of leftover administrative files, after `<path>` is deleted, was
>     done with `git prune --worktrees`. However, a recent unrelated
>     change to `git prune` led to a discussion that concluded that
>     worktree-related maintenance functionality didn't belong in `git
>     prune`.
>
> Is that sufficient to clue in the reader that "checkout --to" is not
> final form,...

Yeah, I think that is a good way to address my concern.

The current draft release notes to 2.5 mentions this feature as
experimental and warns that its UI is bound to change.  We will
ship the upcoming release with "checkout --to" and the more places
we advise the users that this UI is not final, the better.