Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] worktree: replace "checkout --to" with "worktree new"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:52:10 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>  * Duy seems to think "worktree add" is coming, too, so here is a
>>>    trivial tweak of your patch from the last month, with test
>>>    adjustments to 7410 I sent earlier squashed in.
>>
>> Thanks. I was planning on re-rolling to use the new name ("add" rather
>> than "new") and to squash in the t7410 fix. Plus, I think the changes
>> I had to make to prepare_linked_checkout() in order to move it to
>> worktree.c should become separate preparatory patches so that the
>> actual relocation can become pure code movement (as much as possible).
>>
>> Also, I was planning on including Duy's patch in the re-roll since it
>> missed a s/prune --worktrees/worktree prune/ in
>> Documentation/git-checkout.txt.
>
> Hmm, I see that Duy's patch is already in 'next'. Would it be better
> if I fixed the 's/prune --worktrees/worktree prune/' git-checkout.txt
> oversight via an incremental patch rather than including a corrected
> version of his patch with my re-roll?

I may have mistaken what you said; I thought you were planning an
incremental for the existing part, with a more complete reroll of
"worktree add" than what I sent today, as separate patches.

Thanks.