Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 5/5] bisect: allow any terms set by user

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:10:24 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +Only the first bisection following the `git bisect terms` will use the
>> +terms. If you mistyped one of the terms you can do again `git bisect
>> +terms <term-old> <term-new>`.

This paragraph may need further polishing.

The first sentence makes it sound as if this is a valid sequence,
but I do not think that is what you meant:

    $ git bisect start master maint
    $ git bisect bad
    $ git bisect terms new old
    $ git bisect old
    $ git bisect bad

I think what you wanted to say was that "git bisect terms" is in
effect during the single bisect session, and after you are done with
"git bisect reset", the next bisect session, unless you use "git
bisect terms", will use "bad" and "good", as that is the default
pair of terms.

The second sentence may want to be something like

	If you mistyped one of the terms, you can do another "git
	bisect terms <term-new> <term-old>" to correct them, but
	that is possible only before you start the bisection.

Otherwise, you invite this

    $ git bisect start master maint
    $ git bisect terms new olf
    $ git bisect olf
    $ git bisect new
    $ git bisect old
    ... error message that says you can give either "new" and "olf"
    $ git bisect terms new old
    $ git bisect old

which may not work well.