Subject: Re: Git + SFC Status Update

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:07:56 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 12:30:23PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> > If I recall correctly, Scott said onstage that some/all of the
>> > conference proceeds would be going directly into this fund. So this
>> > might need to be revised upward by 50-100% sometime soon :)
>> 
>> I think you misheard it.  The above is money earmarked for Git at
>> SFC; the admission for GitMerge were going to SFC general fund
>> without earmarked for us, IIUC.
>
> Yeah, that's my understanding as well.

To elaborate on this a bit more, there are two ways for people to
support software freedom conservancy (SFC) by donation:

 - People can give money to the Git project, a member of the
   conservancy.  90% of that money will be earmarked for the Git
   project's use, and the rest goes to general fund to run SFC.  The
   "Donate" button on http://git-scm.com/sfc goes to this pot.  The
   "Check" option on http://git-scm.com/sfc can be directed to this
   way by earmarking the money for the Git project.

 - People can give money direct to the conservancy.  The "Check"
   option on http://git-scm.com/sfc can be directed to this way by
   not earmarking the money for the Git project.