Subject: Re: Promoting Git developers

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:42:15 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> I would suspect that those who agree with you would appreciate if
>> you or somebody volunteered to act as our CKDO (chief kudos
>> distribution officer).  I do not think I have enough time to do that
>> well.  One good place to start might be to scan the list and
>> summarize something like the following on weekly or monthly basis,
>> as these are not something you can get by pointing people to "git
>> shortlog" output.
>>
>>  - Those who gave helpful review comments, "how about going this
>>    way" illustration patches, etc.  Bonus points to those who helped
>>    onboarding newcomers.
>>
>>  - Those who asked pertinent questions on common pain points, and
>>    those who answered them helpfully.
>
> Ok, I can start something about this two points every week or every
> few week. It would be best if I could get help from at least one
> person as I think it is a lot of work.

No kidding; even though it may no longer be an impossibly large task
as in the infrationary epoch reported in the Git Traffic, this forum
is still a high traffic place.

> I also appreciate very much that you are willing to improve the
> release notes by adding a summary with people's names.

Just in case you misunderstood, I do not think it is a good idea to
add names to release notes and I will not do so.

I was and am planning add the list of contributors at the end of the
e-mail when the release notes is sent out, i.e. in the "Announce"
message that is sent to the list (and CC'ed to lwn.net).