Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] option-strings: use OPT_FILENAME

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:08:49 -0800

Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:

> Some commands use OPT_STRING to specify a <file> argument. Let them use
> OPT_FILENAME so that they can profit from path prefixing.

If the existing code that takes string actually already works
correctly, they must be doing the necessary prefixing on their own,
but I do not see in this patch a hunk that removes such a custom
prefixing.  Puzzled...

It may be that some of them do not work correctly from subdirectory
and this change fixes bugs, but are all of them like that, or is
this patch fixing some of them while breaking some others?
>
>  archive.c             | 2 +-
>  builtin/archive.c     | 2 +-
>  builtin/blame.c       | 4 ++--
>  builtin/config.c      | 2 +-
>  builtin/fast-export.c | 4 ++--
>  builtin/hash-object.c | 2 +-
>  builtin/ls-files.c    | 2 +-
>  7 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)