Subject: Re: Everday contents

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:29:20 -0700

"Philip Oakley" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: "Junio C Hamano" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 11:08 PM
> ...
>>
>> | Individual Developer (Participant)[[Individual Developer
>> (Participant)]]
>> | ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> ...
>> | $ git pull git://git.kernel.org/pub/.../jgarzik/libata-dev.git ALL
>> <5>
>
> Would I be right that "ALL" can simply be dropped as something from
> back then' (13 Dec 2005 v0.99.9-516-g44db136) that I'm ignorant of?

The answer depends on the reason why you want to drop it from the
example.

That "ALL" is merely a branch name, like "master", etc.  I do not
know how jgarzik names his published branches these days, but back
then ALL there was something that contained all the topics he wanted
others to look at.  And the description of <5> explains it to be
fetching a "specific branch", so that needs to be reworded if we are
to change the example to "from the default branch of a specific
repository" or something.

> ...
>> | <5> fetch from a specific branch from a specific repository and
>> merge.

Thanks.