Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/4] use new config API for worktree configurations of submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:37:21 -0700

Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Can there be any caller that include and use submodule-config.h that
>> does not need anythjing from submodule.h?  Or vice versa?
>> 
>> It just did not look like these two headers describe independent
>> subsystems but they almost always have to go hand-in-hand.  And if
>> that is the case, perhaps it is not such a good idea to add it as a
>> new header.  That was where my question came from.
>
> The reason for a separate module was because we add quite some lines of
> code for it.
>
> $ wc -l submodule.c
> 1068 submodule.c
> $ wc -l submodule-config.c 
> 435 submodule-config.c
>
> Because of this I would like to keep the c-files separate.

OK.  I do not feel too strongly.  It just looked odd that a change
needs to add a new header file without having to change the code in
existing files at all.

Any other thing that still needs fixing in the series, or is it now
ready for 'next'?