Subject: Re: Git in GSoC 2014

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:32:34 -0800

Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 02/27/2014 08:19 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> Sounds good.  I suggest we make your blob a paragraph before the list of
>>> bullet points rather than part of the list.  Please suggest some "TBD*"
>>> then I'll add it to the text.  Would we also fill in "X" with the name
>>> of the actual student involved in the conversation that is pointed to?
>> 
>> I was not thinking about using a student thread (I do not remember
>> having a good on-list interaction with past GSoC students).
>> 
>> How about using this one from our recent past:
>> 
>>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/239068
>> 
>> which has the following good points to be used as an example.  It:
>> 
>>  - involved multiple cycles and multiple reviewers;
>> 
>>  - showed good response to the comments from the original author;
>>    and most importantly
>> 
>>  - had everything related to the topic in one single neat thread.
>> 
>
> Change pushed.  Thanks Junio!

Thank you for starting this.

Another point to add to the above three-point list is that it had an
example of the original author defending (some of) the design
choices he made and reviewers who initially raised questions and/or
issues agreeing with that choice after the thinking was clearly
explained.