Subject: Re: [PATCH 7/8] combine-diff: Fast changed-to-all-parents paths scanning

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:58:36 -0800

Kirill Smelkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 11:42:41AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Kirill Smelkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > I agree object data should be immutable for good. The only thing I'm talking
>> > about here is mode, which is parsed from a tree buffer and is stored in
>> > separate field:
>> 
>> Ah, I do not see any problem in that case, then.
>> 
>> Thanks.
>
> Thanks, that simplifies things for me.

Surely.

Be careful when traversing N-trees in parallel---you may have to
watch out for the entry ordering rules that sorts the following
paths in the order shown:

	a
	a-b
        a/b
        a_b

Inside a single tree, you cannot have 'a' and 'a/b' at the same
time, but one tree may have 'a' (without 'a/b') while another one
may have 'a/b' (without 'a'), and walking them in parallel has
historically been one source of funny bugs.