Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2026, #06)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2026 08:20:00 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>  ...
>>>  - Merge branch 'js/prep-symlink-windows' into js/symlink-windows
>>>  (this branch uses js/prep-symlink-windows.)
>>> 
>>>  Upstream symbolic link support on Windows from Git-for-Windows.
>>> 
>>>  Expecting a reroll.
>>>  cf. <[email-masked]>
>>>  cf. <[email-masked]>
>>>  cf. <[email-masked]>
>>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>>
>> I do not quite understand.
>>
>> v2 was sent out on Jan 9. The three replies you are referring to as
>> blockers were all sent out on the same day, as replies to the respective
>> reviewer comments in v1. Naturally, whan I did sent out those replies
>> acknowleding problems whose fixes I promised, I did not then go on and
>> omit the fixes from v2!
>
> Sorry, my mistake.  It is very possible that the references may be
> stale for this topic, as I can forget update them when I queue a
> newer iteration.
>
> Will take a look later today.  Thanks.

I think I understood what happened.  You send those referenced
messages to v1 review comments at the same time or after you sent
v2, and said "I'll drop this" or "I'll do that" in them, which
confused me into thinking "oh, after sending the v2 Dscho realized
there were still some things to be addressed and responded to v1
reviews?", hence these references.  Sorry about the confusion.

Let's mark it for 'next'.  As the "prep" topic will be part of -rc1,
I really didn't want just half the topic in the upcoming release
while leaving out the other half out of it.  Thanks for pinging.