Subject: Re: [PATCH v10 0/3] status: show additional comparison with push branch when different from tracking branch

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2026 08:09:44 +0900

"Harald Nordgren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> cc: Chris Torek [email-masked] cc: Yee Cheng Chin
> [email-masked] cc: "brian m. carlson" [email-masked]
> cc: Ben Knoble [email-masked]
>
> Harald Nordgren (3):
>   status: show comparison with configured goal branch
>   improve tests
>   use pushRemote and tracking branch

Again this seems to do a "step 1 goes in a direction, step 2 fixes
its mistake, step 3 changes course" drunken-man's walk.

The same advice to restructure them into a logical incremental
progression that moves the codebase in one consistent direction to
eventually reach the goal at the end applies.

I see you are now using pushremote_for_branch() that is already used
by branch_get_push().  If that gives us "the other thing" that we
would want to compare, instead of adding yet another configuration
variable users need to be aware of, that is really good.