Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/10] Change midx.c and midx-write.c to not use global variables

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2024 11:19:49 +0900

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> Since the `packfile.c` cleanup is still in flight, this series is based
> on top of master: b31fb630c0 (Merge https://github.com/j6t/git-gui,
> 2024-11-11) with those patches merged in. This applies cleanly on top 
> of next, but conflicts with `bf/set-head-symref` in seen, the conflict
> is mostly straight forward. I'll merge the topic in if it is merged into
> next soon.

I think set_head() part is fairly trivial.  But there seems to be a
much bigger conflicts with the incremental midx topic.

I actually do not understand offhand why doing anything to the midx
layer needs to change the calling convention of set_head() or many
other things that are unrelated to what midx layer does, and that do
*not* use the new parameter *anyway*.  Shouldn't the "subsubcommand
can inherit the repository from the builtin subcommand
implementation" be split out as a separate topic, which the midx
thing later builds on?

Thanks.