Subject: the latter half of october, the maintainer goes offline

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2024 10:26:19 -0700

I plan to go offline for the latter half of this month (I may
sporadically pop up but may not be engaging deeply in the
discussions or picking up patches).

This time, can we try a fire drill that I do not nominate or ask
anybody to be an interim maintainer and see how well community
manages the discussion and patch flow during these two weeks?

It can be somebody stepping up and say "ok, I'll self nominate and
run the project as the interim maintainer, just like it was done in
the past years", or "let's do something differently, how about
everybody throws a merge request to this mob repository, use this
(possibly different) review procedure, and give back the tip of
'master' when Junio returns", or "OK, we'll discuss and exchange
patches for these two weeks among ourselves and we can cope without
a central meeting place".

IOW, I am interested to see if the community comes up with a
day-to-day project structure that may be better for the contributors
than what I have dictated in the past during my vacation time.

Thanks.