Subject: Re: Git log --decorate show prefetch objects

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 09:56:30 -0700

Alexandre Badez <[email-masked]> writes:

> # What did you do before the bug happened? (Steps to reproduce your issue)
>
> <on a git repository not fetch from a "long" time so you have missing
> branches and/or objects>
>
> git maintenance run --task=prefetch
>
> git log --oneline --decorate --all --graph

I do not use the prefetch stuff, but unfortunately the person who
was most familiar with "maintenance" are no longer active on this
list, so let me take a crack.

I think your complaint is that "--all" really means "all", not just
"heads" and "tags" but also includes "prefetch", while the prefetch
hierarchy is not included in the "--decorate" sources.

What does

    $ git log --oneline --branches --tags --decorate --graph

show, and is it closer to what you expected (note: this is not a
direct suggestion of a workaround---trying to gauge what the
direction is to move forward)?

Thanks.