Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] split-index; stop abusing the `base_oid` to strip the "link" extension

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 09:06:15 -0700

Jeff Hostetler <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> +enum strip_extensions {
>>> +	WRITE_ALL_EXTENSIONS = 0,
>>> +	STRIP_ALL_EXTENSIONS = 1,
>>> +	STRIP_LINK_EXTENSION_ONLY = 2
>>> +};
>> We do not need to spell out the specific values for this enum; the
>> users' (i.e. the callers of do_write_index()) sole requirement is
>> for these symbols to have different values.
>
> There are several calls to do_write_locked_index() that pass 0 or 1
> as the new final arg.  If we update them to use these enum values,
> then we don't need integer values here.

Good eyes.  Yes, the new caller that selectively passes
STRIP_LINK_EXTENSION_ONLY should pass WRITE_ALL_EXTENSIONS, not 0,
on the other side of ?: as you pointed out.

Thanks.