Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Improve check-whitespace output

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 19:13:15 +0900

"Chris. Webster via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: "Chris. Webster" <[email-masked]>

> Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Improve check-whitespace output

The same comment about specificity of the improvements applies to
this one, too.  Also, I forgot to point out that our usual commit
title takes the form of "<area>: <description>", e.g.

	Subject: [PATCH 2/2] ci: show $X in check.whitespace output

where "show $X" is meant to be a more concrete phrase than "improve"
what the change is about and how it improves the output.

> +          echo "Run these commands to correct the problem:" >>$GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY
> +          echo "1. \`git rebase --whitespace=fix ${goodparent}\`" >>$GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY
> +          echo "1. \`git push --force\`" >>$GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY

It's a bit curious to see two "1." and not "1." followed by "2."
here.  Is this meant to be processed by markdown or something so we
do not have to do the numbering ourselves, or something?

> +          echo " " >>$GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY
> +          echo "Errors:" >>$GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY
>            for i in "${problems[@]}"
>            do
>              echo "${i}" >>$GITHUB_STEP_SUMMARY

Thanks.