Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] [OUTREACHY] t1002: modernize outdated conditional

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 12:06:25 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 12:35 PM Derrick Stolee
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On 10/14/2022 12:15 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> > "nsengaw4c via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> >> Cc: Christian Couder  <[email-masked]>
>> >> Cc: Hariom Verma <[email-masked]>
>> >
>> > What are these C: lines for?  I do not think the message I am
>> > responding to is Cc'ed to them.  There may be a special incantation
>> > to tell GitGitGadget to Cc to certain folks, but adding Cc: to the
>> > log message trailer like this does not seem to be it---at least it
>> > appears that it did not work that way.
>>
>> GitGitGadget will read the "cc:" lines from the end of the pull request
>> description, not the commit messages. I'm pretty sure they will be
>> ignored if there are other lines after them.
>
> For Wilberforce's edification for future submissions, presumably the
> reason that the CC: in the pull-request's description didn't work is
> because the CC: line wasn't the last line in the description? Does
> there need to be a blank line before the CC: line? Is it okay to list
> multiple people on the same CC: line as done in this case, or is that
> also a problem?

Ah, now I can see why the round v4 is CC'ed to you and Derrick on
the list.  The pull-request text (visible in GitHub UI in the top
most box of https://github.com/git/git/pull/1362) ends with two
lines of cc: that list you two.  The one named Christian and Hariom
were not at the end and was ignored by GGG, it seems.