Subject: Re: Considering add log.format and show.format configure option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:42:13 -0700

Zang <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi forks,
>
> People including me are asking feature to use different format for log and show:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/q...

We do not pay attention to SO, and it is good you came here.

> [log]
>     format = mylogformat
> [show]
>     format = myshowformat

I think something along this line was raised as a possible
enhancement on the list earlier.  If we were to do so, we should not
limit the enhancement only to "log/show" but to all the commands in
the "log" family, and similarly, not only to "format", but to many
common options.

Patches welcome.

Thanks.