Subject: Re: jc/stash-drop

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 10:22:53 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 03 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> * jc/stash-drop (2022-03-02) 3 commits
>>  - stash: call reflog_delete() in reflog.c
>>  - reflog: libify delete reflog function and helpers
>>  - stash: add tests to ensure reflog --rewrite --updatref behavior
>>
>>  "git stash drop" is reimplemented as an internal call to
>>  reflog_delete() function, instead of invoking "git reflog delete"
>>  via run_command() API.
>>
>>  Will merge to 'next'?
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> I've been reviewing this closely & it looks good to me, all feedback has
> been addressed, and there's nothing outstanding (there's one sub-thread
> on v4 answering a question from Phillip Wood asking if the new test
> needs REFFILES, it does).

I think this one is good, and I agree that we should leave the "old
side is not even visible to regular users and tests need to peek
into the implementation detail of the log files---do we need the
--rewrite option at all, instead of doing so always?" outside the
topic.

Thanks.