Subject: Re: bc/require-c99 + jc/c99-var-decl-in-for-loop

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 18:29:47 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 24 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> * bc/require-c99 (2021-11-18) 1 commit
>>  . git-compat-util: add a test balloon for C99 support
>>
>>  Weather balloon to break people with compilers that do not support
>>  C99.
>
> It would be nice if they'd upgrade, but maybe breaking those people is
> going a bit far :)

You cannot tell who if anybody is not ready without a small piece of
change, which is very easy to revert locally, that would break them
hard.  If you look at the patch in question, especially if you pay
attention to what message it gives those who are not ready when it
happens, I would think you agree with the patch thta it is not going
too far.