Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/3] pretty: add tag option to %(describe)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 11:07:55 -0700

Eli Schwartz <[email-masked]> writes:

> The %(describe) placeholder by default, like `git describe`, only
> supports annotated tags. However, some people do use lightweight tags
> for releases, and would like to describe those anyway. The command line
> tool has an option to support this.
>
> Teach the placeholder to support this as well.
>
> Signed-off-by: Eli Schwartz <[email-masked]>
> ---
>
> I use lowercase "bool" here not "boolean-value" because I don't see
> utility in the word "value" here.

Such a comment is much more useful if it is sent as a review to the
patch that touches the same area as your patch does, namely,

https://lore.kernel.org/git/984b[email-masked]/

not here.

Thanks.

[jc: added a few folks involved in the other patch to the addressee
lists]