Subject: Re: USE_SHA1DC is broken in pu

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:16:29 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, Lars Schneider wrote:
>
>> > On 17 Mar 2017, at 11:18, Lars Schneider <[email-masked]>
>> > wrote:
>> > 
>> > Would it make sense/have value to add a job to our TravisCI build [1]
>> > that compiles Git in a few variations with some high profile switches
>> > such as USE_SHA1DC? Running all the tests for these variations would
>> > probably take to long but just compiling would be less than 2min per
>> > variation.
>> 
>> ... or just run individual tests instead of the entire test suite for
>> these variations (e.g. only t0013 for the USE_SHA1DC variation).
>
> The best solution may be to open a PR with .travis.yml patched to enable
> this flag. And then report back to he mailing list because the gentle
> people here are not that used to paying attention to Continuous Testing
> :-D

Actually, the best solution may be to do nothing ;-)  With the
current incarnation parked in 'pu' (or I may have already merged it
to 'next'), without any explicit VARIANT_SHA1 request to $(MAKE), we
default to use the DC_SHA1 variant.

Those who are paying attention to Travis would have noticed this by
now, I thought ;-).