Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] remote-hg: more improvements

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 16:06:33 -0700

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> I already said this multiple times, but let me be clear once more:
>
> MASTER HAS A REGRESSION (for all versions of Mercurial).

As you said, that is not a regression, isn't it?  It is an old
breakage that existed even before 1.9 (was it 1.8.3 or something?)

>> If you no longer want to have it in contrib/, I can drop it in future
>> releases (but not in v2.0), so that people can find the latest and
>> greatest directly from you.  Otherwise, queuing a fix on 'pu' and then
>> to 'next' in preparation for an early graduation for the release after
>> v2.0 (and as a fix, it may want to go to older maintenance releases)
>> is also fine by me.
>
> Are you saying that the graduation plan is going to continue and they
> are going to move out of contrib and be distributed by default?

I do not think that is going to happen.  As we discussed already, I
do see merit in unbundling it from my tree.  I can keep it in contrib/
as that is a slight benefit for you (i.e. you can be lock-step with
Git) but as long as you live in my tree, you need to follow the same
release schedule as the other contributors, which may be detrimental
to your users, compared to a case where it is unbundled.

I do not see a strong reason to move it out of contrib, either.