Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] xdiff: Remove unneeded members from xrecord_t and xdlclass_t

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2026 12:39:28 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
>>
>> This series has a couple of cleanups on top of 'en/xdiff-cleanup-2'
>> that reduce the sizes of the xrecord_t and xdlclass_t. Unfortunately
>> they conflict with 'en/xdiff-cleanup-3' in seen, in particular with
>> db8a50ca6b9 (xdiff: don't waste time guessing the number of lines,
>> 2026-01-02). I'm not particularly convinced that moving the call to
>> xdl_classify_record() out of xdl_prepare_ctx() in that commit is
>> a good idea, but if we decide that we do want to stop classifying
>> lines in xdl_prepare_ctx() we can start passing the hashes out in a
>> separate array rather than wasting space in xrecord_t.
>
> Both patches look well reasoned and sensible.

I was hoping that these two patches will get reviewed by somebody
else in adddition to mine, but unfortunately nothing happened.  I am
inclined to merge it down so that the other topic can have a stable
base to be rebased.

Opinions?