Subject: Re: Re* [RFH] adding test coverage for contrib/ in CI jobs

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2026 08:39:51 -0800

Colin Stagner <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Unfortunately, this seems to reveal existing other problems with
>> subtree tests (t7900), in addition to diff-highlight tests (t9400)
>> in various configurations.
>> 
>> https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/21617099884
>> 
>> This Ci run is near the tip of 'seen', so there may be breakages
>> attributable to new topics in flight
>
> At least some of the subtree failures on linux-reftable, such as
>
> <https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/21617099884/job/62298228602#step:10:421>
>
> are actually due to a bug in ubuntu:rolling's "dirname" implementation. 

Ahh, rust bites again?

Is there /etc/alternatives/dirname like /etc/alternatives/sudo that
we used in fddb4842 (ci: fix broken jobs on Ubuntu 25.10 caused by
switch to sudo-rs(1), 2025-10-10) to work a breakage around, I have
to wonder...