Subject: Re: [PATCH] ci(*-leaks): skip the git-svn tests to save time

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2026 08:06:03 -0800

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think that unless the libsvn that linked against was built with 
> -fsanitize=leak we wouldn't find any leaks in it anyway. When I wrote my 
> original mail I was imagining C implementation that forked "svn" but 
> replaced the perl code with C that called the appropriate functions in 
> libgit rather than forking git.

It was the scenario I was assuming as well, but I simply forgot to
consider that we want to catch leaks in our "client" code (client
from the point of view of the libsvn library).

And you are right.  It can be done to check our leaks without being
able to touch libsvn to fix their leaks, even though we may have to
filter out noises from the leak checker if there are their leaks we
cannot plug.

> In that case I think there's an argument 
> for checking that our code does not leak. Anyway this is all rather 
> hypothetical as we're not likely to rewrite these scripts in C.

;-).