Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 06/10] t/unit-tests: convert reftable table test to use clar

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2025 10:04:10 -0700

Seyi Kuforiji <[email-masked]> writes:

> diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
> index 3cccc73073..0227fdb3e1 100644
> --- a/Makefile
> +++ b/Makefile
> @@ -1368,6 +1368,7 @@ CLAR_TEST_SUITES += u-reftable-basics
> ...
> @@ -3972,4 +3972,4 @@ $(LIBGIT_HIDDEN_EXPORT): $(LIBGIT_PARTIAL_EXPORT)
>  	$(OBJCOPY) --localize-hidden $^ $@
>  
>  contrib/libgit-sys/libgitpub.a: $(LIBGIT_HIDDEN_EXPORT)
> -	$(AR) $(ARFLAGS) $@ $^
> +	$(AR) $(ARFLAGS) $@ $^
> \ No newline at end of file

I am sure I pointed this breakage out, locally fixed it in my tree,
and told you about the consequences of such breakage.  Next time
please make sure you fetch back from what upstream has its 'seen'
and start your work from that state.

In addition, perhaps you should fix your editor settings to avoid
files with such an incomplete line at the end.  There may be other
incomplete lines in this seris.

And a possible #leftoverbits is probably to teach the whitespace
error checking code to optionally flag a new incomplete line as an
error (this is obviously way outside the topic of this series).

Thanks.