Subject: Re: [GSoC] [PATCH v7 1/1] t9811: be more precise to check importing of tags

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2025 11:12:08 -0700

Anthony Wang <[email-masked]> writes:

> Additionally, we add a negative test to verify that a possible
> uninteded tag does not show up in the imported repository.

With this we tightened the tests to insist that TAG_F1_ONLY does not
exist, but it seems that our CI tests at least on macos seems to
think that the tag should exist.

https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/14526556144/job/40759116464#step:4:1944

> +		git show-ref --verify refs/tags/TAG_F1_1 &&
> +		git show-ref --verify refs/tags/TAG_F1_2 &&
> +		test_must_fail git show-ref --verify refs/tags/TAG_F1_ONLY &&

And because of that, this third line which does not correspond to
any tests in the original makes the thing fail.

I think negative test was what I suggested, but I didn't know if
that particular tag used for the negative test should or should not
exist in the test at that point (I do not do Perforce, so I still do
not know the answer to that question; in any case, due to lack of p4
in my environment, my local testing did not catch this breakage).

Sorry about the confusion.

Let's add this on top.

-- >8 ---- >8 ---- >8 --
Subject: [PATCH] t9811: fix misconversion of test

The previous commit started to insist TAG_F1_ONLY to be missing,
which was not in the original.  Let's not to be overly eager in the
conversion.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh b/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh
index 39856629c0..9637a46d6f 100755
--- a/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh
+++ b/t/t9811-git-p4-label-import.sh
@@ -97,7 +97,6 @@ test_expect_success 'two labels on the same changelist' '
 
 		git show-ref --verify refs/tags/TAG_F1_1 &&
 		git show-ref --verify refs/tags/TAG_F1_2 &&
-		test_must_fail git show-ref --verify refs/tags/TAG_F1_ONLY &&
 
 		cd main &&
 
-- 
2.49.0-524-g64a58d64d1